Topic: Similarities And Differences Between Plant Cell And Animal Cell
Table of Contents
- Similarities Between Plant Cell And Animal Cell
- Differences Between Plant Cell And Animal Cell
Similarities Between Plant Cell And Animal Cell
Both plants and animal cells have in common the following organelles:
2. Golgi bodies
6. Endoplasmic reticulum
10. Cell membrane.
Differences Between Plant Cell And Animal Cell
1. Plant cell has chloroplasts while Animal cell has no chloroplasts.
2. Plant cell is usually rectangular and difinite in shape while Animal cell is usually spherical or has no definite shape.
3. Plant cell has rigid cell wall while Animal cell has no cell wall.
4. Plant cell has no flexible cell membrane while Animal cell has has flexible cell membrane.
5. Animal cell has small vacuoles while Plant cells has large vacuoles.
6. Animal cells stores lipid as fat while Plant cells stores lipid as oil.
7. Animal cell has necleus at the center of the cytoplasm while Plant cells has nucleus at the edge of cytoplasm.
8. There is absence of centrosomes and centriole on Plant cell while Centrosomes and centriole are present in animal cell.