Table Of Contents
- Meaning Of Road Transportation
- Advantages Of Road Transport
- Disadvantages Of Road Transport
What Is Road Transport?
This is a method of transport by land. There are several means of road transport. They are all referred to as motor vehicles and they include Cars, Lorries, Trucks, Heavy duty vehicles (trailers), buses, motorcycles, bicycles and tricycles.
Advantages Of Road Transport
1. Road transport is flexible, as such provides door to door services.
2. It is possible to reach all parts of the country by road.
3. There is often no timetable in road transportation. Travelling time can be adjusted to suit the traveller.
4. Raw materials can be transported directly from farm to the factories.
5. It provides various means of transportation from which one can make a choice.
Disadvantages Of Road Transportation
1. Road transportation creates conjestions and hold.
2. Road transport is prone to frequent accidents.
3. Load capacity of vehicles is limited.
4. There is a high incidence of breakdown and delays.
5. There is no final shedule for arrival and departure.