CONTENTS FOR THIS ARTICLE:
- RIGHT ATTITUDE TO WORK;
i. Meaning Of Right Attitude To Work
ii. Attributes Of A Person That Possesses The Right Attitude To Work
- PUNCTUALITY AND REGULARITY
i. Meaning Of Punctuality And Regularity
ii. Reward For Being Punctual And Regular To Work
iii. Consequences Of Not Being Punctual And Regular To Work
- DEVOTION TO DUTY
i. Meaning Of Devotion To Duty
ii. Effects Of Devotion On Productivity And Development.
MEANING OF RIGHT ATTITUDE TO WORK
What is Right Attitude To Work?
Right attitude to work simply means the acceptable behaviour or feeling of a worker towards his work. If one cherishes and loves ones job and does whatever one could do to make ones job prosper, such a person has a right attitude to work.
On the other hand, a worker who does not care about his or her work, comes late to work and does not think of making his work effective has a bad attitude to work.
Attributes Of A Person That Possesses The Tight Attitude To Work.
(1) He is always Punctual to work at all times.
(2) He is regular to work everyday.
(3) He is honest in all his dealings and tells the truth at all times.
(4) He obeys the rules and regulations of the company.
(5) He has the ability to manage his time and thus puts his best.
(6) He has genuine interests in his work and does all he can to keep the organization moving.
Punctuality And Regularity
Punctuality is the quality of being on time to work, meeting or any fixed appointment. It is one of the qualities of a person who has the right attitude to work.
Regularity is the quality of being consistent to work, meeting or any fixed appointment. A regular worker comes to work everyday.
He does not come to work today and be absent tomorrow. It is one of the qualities of a person who has a right to Work.
Rewards For Being Punctual And Regular To Work
1) The person could be promoted to a higher position.
2) The person could be given an award to show he is being appreciated.
3) The person’s salary could be increased to reward his attitude to work.
4) The person could be commended by the management of the organization to encourage him to do more.
5) The person may be granted a loom to buy a car, house, land etc.
Consequences Of Not Being Punctual And Regular To Work
1. The person could be suspended from work.
2. The person may be given a query to explain why he is not always Punctual And Regular To Work.
3. The person may be demoted from a higher position to a lower position.
4. The person’s salary may be deducted for the days he is late or did not come to work.
5. The person’s work could be terminated.
Devotion To Duty
What is Devotion To Duty?
Devotion to duty simply means being committed to your work or duty by doing all you can to be more productive at work.
Effects Of Devotion On Productivity And Development
1. A company that has devoted worker enjoy improvement in their Productivity.
2. Devoted workers help increase the production units and outputs of the company being committed to their duties.
3. The Devotion of a worker to duty helps to save the organization the stress of issuing queries, monitoring and taking disciplinary actions.
4. A devoted worker commands the respect of his equals and subordinates as well as the admiration of the superiors.
5. A devoted worker acquires a lot of personal skills as he works hard.