Question And Answer On The Meaning And Need For Civic Education
- What Is Civic Education?
- What Are The Need For Civic Education?
What Is Civic Education?
Civic education is the study which states the government, it’s agencies and their functions. It teaches the people what to expect from the government (their rights) and what the government expects from them (their duties). It also states the norms and values in the society so that when kept, the child wil grow to be responsible in the home.
What Are The Need For Civic Education?
The need for civic education are:
1. Rights And Duties: Civic education makes us to know our rights, duties and responsibilities. What we expect from the government and what the government expects from us is stated clearly.
2. To Know Our Leaders: It teaches us to know our leaders. Our political and traditional leaders, their functions, and our duties to them.
3. Maintain Democracy: It teaches us how to maintain democracy. How to rule ourselves and maintain a democratic society.
4. Obedience And Responsible: It teaches us to respect the norms and values in the society. It also states how we should live peacefully and respect peoples ideas and to be good generally.
5. Maintain The Environment: It also teaches us how to care of the environment individually and collectively. It teaches general cleanliness.
6. To Be Patriotic: It makes us to have love for our country at all times no matter the situation. By this all our actions will be to the development of our country and respect to our national identity.