- Meaning Of Interpersonal Relationship
- Types Of Interpersonal Relationship
- Skills That Promote Interpersonal Relationship
Meaning Of Interpersonal Relationship
An interpersonal relationship is a strong, deep or close association or acquaintance between two or more people that may range in duration from brief to enduring. This association may be based on inference, love, solidarity, regular business interactions, or some other type of social commitment. Interpersonal relationships are formed in the context of social, cultural and other influences.
Types Of Interpersonal Relationship
1. Family relationships
2. Platonic friendship
3. Enemy or frenemy
5. Employer and employee
7. Landlord and tenant
12. Intimate relationships
13. Significant Order etc.
Skills That Promote Interpersonal Relationship
1. Tolerance: People should tolerant their partners or their fellow human beings for this relationship to last long.
2. Patience Or Endurance: Both people in any kind of interpersonal relationship are supposed to patiently treat and endure for each other, even at the point of difficulties/pleasures of any kind.
3. Kindness/Charity: This is one of the essential skill to promote interpersonal relationship. This means that both partners should always be there for each other at the point of need.
4. Honesty: Truthfulness, fairness are the skills to help promote this relationship. People should learn to tolerate this fact for the growth of interpersonal relationship.
5. Forgiveness: Counting offences, mistakes, weakness, etc does not help a relationship to grow. People should learn or imbibe the habit of forgiving one another.
6. Respect: People in any land of relationship should have respect for each other in order for their relationship to last long.
7. Appreciation: People in any relationship should appreciate each other and be satisfied with whatever is given to them.