Question And Answer On The Importance Of Civic Education To National Development
- State The Importance Of Civic Education
- How Does Civic Education Stimulate Political Knowledge
- How Can Civic Education Stimulate Our Economic Knowledge?
- List Three Government Institution
State The Importance Of Civic Education To National Development
There are immense benefits that are derived from civic education which contribute to national development. They are:
1. It makes us to be aware of the systems and institution of government and how they operate. Various level or arms of government of the institutions and they include the judiciary, parastatals, local government, the legislature etc.
2. It helps us in the acquisition of skills: This ranges from being active citizens in the society and to be aware and involved in government’s activities. It also involves our co-operating with government and people in the society to achieve set goals.
3. It also helps us to be involved in the workings of our society or community politically, economically and socially. For instance, to make sure that the government succeeds, you have to take part in electing the leaders.
4. Citizens Roles: It is a civic education that makes people to know their expected roles in the society. As citizens they should know that the goods and services which they need have been produced by them for the country to grow.
5. Being Independent: Civic education helps to prepare the people to be self reliant by engaging in one project or the other. This is done by letting people know from school that government cannot employ all school graduates. So it helps to train peoples mind towards being independent and this helps in national development.
How Does Civic Education Stimulate Political Knowledge?
Civic education stimulate political knowledge through elections.
How Can Civic Education Stimulate Our Economic Knowledge?
Civic education stimulate our economic knowledge through the paying of taxes as and when due to see an improved economy.
List Three Government Institutions
Here are the three government institutions:
1. The Judiciary
2. The Legislature And
3. The Executive