Table Of Contents
- Meaning Of Conflict Management And Resolution
- Types Of Conflict Management And Resolution
- Principles For Conflict Management In Birth, Traditional And Modern Approach
- Attributes Required For Conflict Resolution
Meaning Of Conflict Management And Resolution
Conflict management and resolution refers to the ways by which conflict can be handled, conflict can be handled in such a way that it does not get out of hands, such that the parties in conflict through peaceful negotiation and dialogue than through armed struggle, use of force or physical confrontation.
We have the traditional and the modern approaches of conflict management and resolution:
1. Traditional Approached
1. Traditional rulers
2. Religious beliefs
3. Ancestral cults
4. Chief Inze and Olo
5. Age grade system
6. Council of elders.
2. Modern Approaches
3. Court ruling
Principles For Conflict Management In Birth, Traditional And Modern Approach
Attributes Required For Conflict Resolution
1. Respects for opposing views.
2. Mutual understanding.
4. Respect for the rules of law.
5. Tolerance in the face of provocation.