Question And Answer On The Types And Members Of A Community.
- What Are The Aims Of Rules In A Community?
- List Eight Community Rules
- Incase Of Conflicts, What Happens?
- What Is A Community?
- Name The Types Of Communities And Explain Them
- What Do You Understand By Community Members?
What Are The Aims Of Rules In A Community?
The principal aims of these rules are to ensure the members peaceful co-existence and to see to it that their common interest of improved living is achieved.
List Eight Community Rules
The guiding community rules include:
1. Obedience: The rules and regulations are expected to be obeyed by every member.
2. Orderliness: In the community, things have to be organized and arranged properly. Set Out plans for thing has to be followed accordingly.
3. Co-operation: Things has to be done together so as to achieve a common goal. Every adult member has to be involved in the execution of any community project. Co-operation also involved that we have to be helpful to each other to achieve a desired result.
4. Peaceful Co-existence: It is advised that members should live in peace with one another. If conflicts arise the leaders should settle it immediately for peace to prevail.
5. Respect: Community members should be respectful to each other. The elders and leaders should be respected. Children should be taught to respect their elders, greet their seniors and run errands for them.
6. Loyalty: This entails our obedience to the rules and regulations guiding the community. Things that will uplift the community should be the member’s interest.
7. Honesty: Community members should be trustworthy. This entails that they are sincere in their dealing with fellow members. We should always say the truth to one another.
8. Sanitation: Sanitation in every community is a rule. Every adult member is expected to participate whenever agreed with regard to either clearing the bush in the village square or sweeping it. Defaulters are usually fined.
Incase Of Conflicts, What Happens?
If conflicts arise the leaders should settle it immediately for peace to prevail.
What Is Community?
Community can be define as the collection of people who live together in a particular area or place. Normally, these groups of people are bound together by same religion, race, job and culture. This means that people living in the village are in a village community while students attending the same school are in a school community. They are also being guided by the same norms and values.
Name The Types Of Communities And Explain Them
Basically, there are two types of communities. The traditional community and the modern community.
1. The traditional community involves the whole village or town and this includes people born in the place and strangers. Community members are guided by rules and regulations.
2. The modern community is seen as an institution or group of people with a common interest. Such communities are school community, political community, market community, church community etc. The pupils and students attain formal education in the school community. People who worship God with the same belief are in the church community. Politicians from same or different political parties belong to the political community etc.
What Do You Understand By Community Members?
The community members consist of everybody who live and works in that community. It is importants to note that a single family does not form a community. Many families come together to form a community. The community is guided by rules and regulations and there is a community leader. The community leader sees to it that they live in peace and obey rules and regulations guiding them. Social amenities like portable water, hospital, schools and good roads are enjoyed in traditional communities. Also the modern institutions, their leader sees to it their common interests are met.