Table Of Contents
2. Care of the computer
3. Items used for the care of the computer
No machine has 100% efficiency, and no machine can perform efficiently without maintenance and care. Computer use without maintenance and care can create problems and weaken its competence and durability.
Care Of The Computer
The following are the ways of taking good care of a computer:
1. Protect your computer during lightening storms by installing surge protectors. Surge protector prevents your electronic appliance from blowing out when lightening strikes.
2. Turn off the computer when not in use.
3. Install good anti spyware and adware programs to avoid unwanted programs.
4. Keep your computer in a well ventilated area. The longer your computer stays cool the longer you hardware will last.
5. Male sure you have good anti – virus and internet security software installed to avoid virus infection.
6. Always close all running programs before you shut down. And avoid turning off the computer directly from the power button.
7. When using laptop or notebook completely run out, as this shortens its life span. Recharge the battery before it is depleted 3/4 of the way.
8. Defragment your hard drive from time to time to improve performance.
9. When plugging external devices (Such as UPS and cables) into your computer, never force them in.
Always plug them gently to prevent damage to the delicate internal components.
10. Backup your data on regular basis, should something happen to your computer, you retrieve data from the backup.
11. Keep magnets away from your computer.
12. Keep liquids away and don’t eat directly over the computer.
13. Always cover your computer with a fabric to prevent dust entering it.
14. Always plug your computer to uninterrupted power supply (UPS).
Items Used For The Care Of The Computer
The following items are used for taking good care of the computer.
1. Covering fabric.
3. Anti – virus.
4. UPS (Uninterrupted power supply).
5. Anti spyware ware and adware programs.
6. Disk cleaner.
1. Cover fabric:
It is used to cover your he computer to prevent dirty and dusty particles from entering it.
It is used to clean off dust from the computer.
This programs protects the computer against virus infection. It can also be used to screen and remover detected virus from the computer.
4. Uninterrupted power supply(UPS):
This device provides backup power to the computer in the event of power outage.
5. Disk cleaner:
This is depleted used this clean disk of dirt.
6. Surge protector:
It protects electronic appliances from blowing out when lightening strikes.